Tuesday, October 16, 2007

so is it 'my' city yet?

I go through phases when I’m ok with the fact that the only wildlife anywhere near me is a squashed worm on the sidewalk, and then other days I wake up and I’m so depressed about the lack of trees that I have to immediately drive to the nearest home depot and lurk in their potted palm section. I think this explains why I have like 8 potted plants in my office. Anyways, this weekend when I woke up instead of making breakfast I decided I was going to start taking advantage of the new coffee bean a few blocks away, and I even remembered to NOT walk on the block with the dumpster that smells like hot Tijuana cesspool at noon. So I walked to the coffee shop, got my latte and sat around for a few minutes trying to guess what language these people were speaking and watching the news, then I walked home. Then I realized I was wearing a camo waffle-weave long sleeve shirt. Maybe I should have left that one in FL.

No comments: