Monday, March 30, 2009

It's been a pretty miserable weekend.

Looks like her tumor is indeed "larger in some places" according to the vet. We're doing a long course of hellishly strong antibiotics to help with the sinus infection, swelling and resulting inflammation. They haven't really started working yet. She's acting just fine, playing and prancing and wanting to go with and bogarting the bed. I, however, have been dissolving into tears every 45 minutes or so all week. Every time she makes a stuff-ed up breathing noise I go right back to that awful month where none of us slept and I was sure she was going to die at any moment. I'm leaving in about 20 minutes to go get boyfriend (who's coming home from NY, and who's plane should have landed an hour ago) and I'm glad I get to take Hun with me.

I know we got more than an extra year from the radiation. She should have died in February 2008 and its March 30 2009. And I am happy. I am grateful and humbled and I know we made the best use of that time. But I wanted to be one of those people who are still coming back to the vet for the 'every-3-months-chest-x-ray' 7 years after radiation.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey-- sorry to hear about the miserable weekend. Hopefully, it's a slow growth, right? Poor Honey.

We are having lots of miserable weekends, too. Sophie has been diagnosed with a second stupid cancer, and the treatment (surgery that would require breaking her pelvis, etc) is too awful to contemplate.

I try to remind myself that we already got an extra year, but it still doesn't seem like enough.

Best of luck to you and your dog!
Sophie and Abby