Thursday, July 5, 2007

First Post

Once I had a blog for like 30 minutes and I wrote down all the cool stuff I did, and then someone gave the URL to my dad and I dropped it like it was hot. Maybe it's time to give it another go? Nobody give my dad the URL? kthanks.

I'm going to start by telling you what I did yesterday (the 4th of July)

1) made my guy and my dog breakfast in bed - french toast & sausage

2) made 2 cakes out of the plums KP brought me from her tree. The goal was like plum - almond upsidedown cake, but I should have used marzipan instead of just ground almonds, becasue they made the consistancy of the cake weird. Anyways, I accidentally swallowed a plum pit and started to freak out because I think I remember reading somewhere that they have cyanide in them? So I called poison control (really) and the woman told me that in order for the cyanide in fruit pits to affect you, you have to eat like 4,000 of them and chew them up really well. Good to know. and BTW, poison control is 1-800-222-1222.

3) had the inside of my truck shampooed and armoralled within an inch of its life, and took pictures, so if I ever do actually put it up for sale I'll have nice clean photos to post with the add.

4) bleached the kitchen and the bathroom, drank beer and read Harry Potter #4 during the commercial breaks in the History Channel's Revoloutionary War special.

5) sat on the floor with AW and JM (neighbors / friends) who went on vacation to mexico and brought back this traditional mexican booze that tasted like pollen and sambuca. Tried to keep Honey off the pollen / sambuca liquor.

6) comforted Honey (Honey = the dog) when the fireworks started.

7) fell asleep on C while he played video games (this is like my favorite hobby ever).

and thats about it. I especially like the plum pit - cyanide - pollen / sambuca triangle. Kinda stoked I'm not sick today :D

1 comment:

BookGeekGrrl said...

I too like the plum pit/poison control episode. It makes me realize that it's sort of astonishing that in the course of my own life, I've never needed to call poison control myself.