Thursday, July 19, 2007

From now on, I lease cars.

After about 3 months of waffling I’ve decided to sell my beloved truck. Large block V8’s aren’t as practical in LA as they were in FL. Also gas is like $47 a gallon and who can afford to feed it? So I place a ‘for sale’ add in the LA times and the check engine light immediately comes on. So I take it to the mechanic and apparently it needs a new fuel pump, which is like $800. He also informed me that I had never had my spark plugs changed, and taking into account that I did it myself one time, I think he’s full of shit. But oh well. Maybe somebody who runs a lawn business will buy it and I can spend money on stuff other than parking spaces and supporting sandy countries.

Anyways, aside from learning that my truck is going to cost me a shit ton, yesterday somebody spit on me from the second level of the train station and then when I got home someone else threw about 60 of those annoying little firecrackers that pop really loudly when they hit a wall at my kitchen window and freaked out my dog. I guess I did something karmicaly bad.

2 comments:

BookGeekGrrl said...

If it makes you feel any better, yesterday I threw up on myself on the train during my AM commute. Which meant I had to get off at the next stop and then travel back to my stop and back to my house whilst wearing my own vomit. Which I suppose is better than wearing someone else's.

autumnday said...

Yeah...after M's comment there...I got nuthin.