Monday, February 11, 2008

One more thing....

Since it looks like my free time from no until at least the end of February, probably through March as well will involve a whole heck of a lot of sitting at home with Honey, I'm trying to figure out stuff to do to allay the boredom. So far I have compiled this list of stuff to do to stay occupied:

1) alter all the vintage dresses I bought intending to alter
2) try to follow one of those historic patterns I have for turn of the century wear
3) read
4) learn to juggle (honey likes this one – lots of throwing of balls)
5) ???

Problems identified with this list:

1) alterations are incredibly, mind numbingly dull
2) I have no fabric for turn of the century sewing, and doubt very much if the garment would look right if I made it out of old green polka dotted bed sheets.
3) I’ve already read everything in my apartment except the plays / scripts.
4) I can only maintain enthusiasm for this for about 3 minutes at a time.

HELP ME OUT HERE, PEOPLE!!!

2 comments:

R Carter said...

-Apple pie recipes.
-Go to the library and start reading all the Jeeves and Wooster novels.
-Day trading.
-Learn everything about economics and stock markets and trading like we were going to.
-Be like that chick from the Shel Silverstein poem. "Why would anyone want to marry / Someone who's memorized the dictionary?"
-Buy some weights and get big. Pretend you're in prison.
-Bake cookies and pies for your coworker in DC and send them to him via interoffice mail.
-Find me the best deal to get my ass to Bari, Italy, for my best friend's wedding on 20 June.

RAGING BULL said...

Lidia,

You read my blizzog. I mean since you don't talk to me on the phone anymore you read about some of the stuff that has been going on in my life.