Monday, March 3, 2008

fingerbabyfoodstravaganza

Just thought I'd share a picture of Cameron finger-feeding Honey some strained peas / prunes / lamb baby food at around 2:30am Monday.... It took about an hour but we got some food down her. Strained prunes and opiates - breakfast of champions. (please note the prunesplatter on his leg)

Her painkillers are so high now that she won’t stand up and rearrange if she can’t find a good breathing position. She’ll stay put and gasp every 45 seconds for hours. I can hear the gasp noise even through earplugs (35 db) and that means I have to stay awake to get her to sleep before i can fall asleep. Friday and Sunday this was around 4, Saturday it was 6:30. I feel like I'm 127.

And this would be really funny if it wasn’t so sad – she KNOWS she’s not allowed to rub her face on stuff, so she waits until I’m out of the room. And she’s getting really good at doing it quickly, so I’ll go into the kitchen and pour some juice, and walk back into the living room and she’s bleeding, but she managed to do it when I wasn’t looking. I’ve also caught her mid-headroll on a pile of warm laundry, which then has to be re-washed, but how can you do laundry and not let your sick dog sleep in it? It’s impossible. I seriously can't figure out how she can complete a headroll so fast when walking across the room takes her a full minute. Amazing.

No comments: